This morning the Cable Center announced the newest members to its Cable Hall of Fame. The six inductees will be honored during the annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, which is held in conjunction with The Cable Show.
The new honorees are:
• Christiane Amanpour, chief international correspondent and anchor, CNN
• Alex Best, executive vice president, engineering, Cox Communications
• Fred Dressler, executive vice president, programming, Time Warner Cable (deceased)
• Jerald L. Kent, chairman and CEO, Suddenlink Communications
• Daniel L. Ritchie, chairman and CEO, The Denver Center for the Performing Arts
• David Van Valkenburg, Former CEO and COO, TeleWest PLC (UK)
Each honoree was chosen based on their dedication and contributions to the cable industry. The 2014 Cable Hall of Fame selection committee was chaired by Glenn Britt, Chairman and CEO of Time Warner Cable and a member of The Cable Center’s Honorary Board of Directors. Since 1998, 102 men and women have been inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame.
“We are honored to welcome these six individuals into the Cable Hall of Fame,” said Britt. “They truly represent the best of the cable industry and their hard work has been essential to its growth and the impact it has had on the lives of its customers.”
“Our heartfelt congratulations go to the Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2014,” said Larry Satkowiak, President and CEO of The Cable Center. “Their innovative ideas and commitment to our industry have been an inspiration to us all, and we are excited to honor them at the 2014 Cable Hall of Fame Celebration during The Cable Show.”
The 17th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration will be held on Tuesday, April 29, at JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. Live.
This morning the Cable Center announced the newest members to its Cable Hall of Fame. The six inductees will be honored during the annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, which will be held in conjunction with The Cable Show in Los Angeles on April 29.