Tektronix unveiled a new test suite that covers the functionality, conformance, performance and media quality of NGN, VoIP and converged networks.
Tek’s Spectra2 Core Network test platform for its Spectra2 protocol test product line supports IP and TDM interfaces for signaling and media.
“The Spectra2 provides the industry’s best ease-of-use and automation, with increases of up to 500 percent in call control capacity and over 200 percent SIP endpoint capacity increase,” said Richard Kenedi, vice president and general manager of test and optimization at Tektronix. “When it comes to testing the core network, Spectra2 is completely field-upgradeable for capacity and port expansion and has the capability to share interface boards across users.”
The company’s claims for the test package include:
- High signaling and media load testing
- Hundreds of thousands of endpoint emulations
- Faster user response and heightened user experience
- User-shared interface boards
- PSTN and NGN protocol testing from a single interface board
- Field-upgradeable capacity adds without additional hardware
- Complete portability of software from legacy platforms
- Portable and rack mount configurations
NGN protocols supported include SIP, H.248 and diameter, as well as PSTN protocols such as ISUP, BICC or TCAP.
The Spectra2 is a comprehensive core network test solution that includes monitoring, functional testing, load generation and media testing for the full range of NGN, IMS, VoIP and legacy network elements. The new test platform is built on an Intel dual quad-core processing architecture.