In front of next week’s NAB show in Las Vegas, Harmonic said this week that it will debut its latest offerings for multi-screen content preparation, streaming and delivery.
Harmonic said its unified platform will allow operators to simply and cost-effectively enhance their existing networks, while also adding new revenue-generating services streamed to a variety of devices such as PCs and video-enabled smartphones.
Harmonic’s demonstrations at NAB will include:
- Harmonic's new DiviCom Electra 8000 universal broadcast encoder for broadcasters looking to offer higher-quality HD while freeing up bandwidth for video to mobile devices via the ATSC mobile/handheld (M/H) standard
- Demonstrations of next-generation 1080p, scalable video coding (SVC) and ATSC M/H encoding technology
- Harmonic's StreamLiner video server and ProStream 4000 transcoder for on-demand and real-time multi-screen video delivery over any network (UDP, HTTP, Flash, RTSP, 3GPP) to any device (HDTV sets, PCs, mobile devices)
- The MediaPrism software suite of real-time and offline content aggregation tools for repurposing of video content for new on-demand and multi-screen consumption models
- Harmonic's new product portfolio for contribution and distribution applications, building on technology gained from its recent acquisition of Scopus Video Networks
Harmonic's Rhozet business unit will also demonstrate its latest updates to the Carbon Coder universal transcoder.