Thursday night at the Colorado Convention Center, The Cable Center inducted the members of the Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2008 at its annual meeting.
The new inductees are:
- George Bodenheimer – President of ESPN & ABC Sports and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks.
- Richard Green – President and CEO of CableLabs, who will retire when his contract expires in December 2009 (story here ); Green also helped organize and establish the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
- Raymond Joslin – Founder and former president of Hearst Entertainment & Syndication, and former senior vice president and member of the board of Hearst Corp.; Joslin was also an initial partner in Continental Cablevision.
- Susan Packard – President of brand outreach for Scripps Networks; she also co-founded HGTV and was part of the founding team of CNBC.
- Hubert "Hub" Schlafly – Former president of Teleprompter, who is credited with designing the first ever teleprompter in the ‘50s.
- Michael Willner – Co-founder, vice chairman and CEO of Insight Communications; in 2004, he received the NCTA’s Vanguard Award for Distinguished Leadership.
The Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2009 will be inducted during Cable Connection - Fall, to be held in Denver in October 2009.
More Broadband Direct:
• Google's Q3 is profitable