The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) Foundation approved grants for six SCTE members during the second quarter of 2008.
The grants were awarded to:
- Frank Berry, Comcast Cable Communications
- Ron Brunt, Deployment Technologies Inc.
- Wes Burton (member in transition)
- Jeff Gouger, Southern VT Cable/Duncan Cable TV
- Lesa Ouellette, Time Warner Cable
- William Tolbert, Comcast Cable Communications
The SCTE Foundation said that the grants were earmarked for a variety of professional development opportunities, including Cisco CCNA online courses (offered via the SCTE Virtual Classroom) and the associated certifications, Jones/NCTI courses, a master’s degree in telecommunications engineering technology and the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2008, which took place in Philadelphia.
The SCTE Foundation – which was founded in 2005 by the SCTE board of directors and began issuing grants in 2006 – has now assisted more than 40 SCTE members with a combined total of approximately $70,000. The Foundation provides educational opportunities for SCTE members and assists them in their professional development within cable and telecom engineering.
Details about the SCTE Foundation, including grant and scholarship applications, are available here .
More Broadband Direct:
• Broadband Briefs for 7/24/08