The National Cable & Telecommunications Association  (NCTA) said technical paper proposals for the 2007 Cable Show are due Jan. 2, 2007.
NCTA noted that "topics of interest" include:
- Wireless broadband data and voice architectures and protocols
- Bandwidth management and utilization efficiencies
- Digital video coding advancements
- Approaches to low-cost integrated platforms for voice, video and data services delivery
- Advancements in hardware and software for conditional access and digital rights management systems
- Enhanced and interactive television
- System-on-chip and other integrated silicon solutions with applications in cable
- Other advanced broadband tech topics related to NGNA (Next-Generation Network Architecture).
Next year's show, set for May 7-9 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, will mark the 48th year in which NCTA will publish technical papers.
Proposals (of 100 words or more) - to be judged by a panel of industry technologists chaired by GCI Cable Inc. CTO Dan Pike - can be submitted using NCTA's Online Submission Form .
Selected authors will be notified in February. Those who are selected must complete papers and turn them into NCTA by March 26, 2007, and will be required to present on their selected papers during the show.