Time Warner Cable Business Class (TWCBC) has begun offering Managed Router Services (MRS), a service in which it will install Cisco routers at customer sites and then maintain them.
By partnering with Cisco on the MRS program, TWCBC can offer its subscribers managed services for WAN connectivity, security and other services and technologies. TWCBC assumes responsibility for provisioning, configuration, change management, monitoring and remote operations of a customer’s Internet and wide area network services.
The Managed Router Services offering includes:
- TWCBC provided router(s) at the customer premise(s)
- Configuration, management, and 24/7 monitoring of the router by TWCBC
- A customer portal to view performance of the service and request service changes
- Options to bundle with Internet service, including Firewall, IPS/IDS, Remote VPN, NAT/PAT, etc.
- Options to bundle with Ethernet service, including WAN connection management, QoS tagging, VLAN management, bandwidth profile management, etc.
- Multiple router size options to meet specific customer bandwidth needs
- High Availability (HA) options for mission critical environments
“Cisco is pleased to partner with Time Warner Cable and assist it in the delivery of its managed services portfolio,” said Jeffrey Spagnola, vice president, cloud and managed services, Cisco.
“The growing complexity of data networks, combined with the proliferation of Internet security threats, has required businesses to spend increasing amounts of time managing their networks. Leveraging TWCBC’s expertise in managing networks, the MRS offering enables business to combine our robust portfolio of connectivity services with a fully managed router to buy a bundled managed network solution from a trusted provider,” said Greg King, senior vice president and chief product and strategy officer for Time Warner Cable Business Class. “This further demonstrates TWCBC’s commitment to provide a growing portfolio of telecom and managed services for businesses of all sizes.”