The next six stops on AT&T’s home automation rollout tour will be Charlotte, Hartford, Jacksonville, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City and Tulsa.
Including the new markets launching on Friday, Digital Life will be available in 45 markets. AT&T said it intends to have the service in up to 50 markets by the end of this year.
With Digital Life, customers can subscribe to any broadband or wireless service – AT&T’s or one of its competitor’s.
Digital Life is centered on a home security with around-the-clock monitoring from AT&T facilities. That’s supplemented by a wireless home management system that gives customers the ability to control their home security systems and other automated home systems (cameras, door locks, lights, thermostats, small appliances ) from their smartphones, tablets or PCs.
Apps are available for iOS, as well as Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones, AT&T said.
The basic package, called Simple Security, includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment.
The Smart Security tier adds a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment.
Smart Security customers can also add any of the following services for additional fees:
- Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
- Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Door Package: Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.