AT&T is scheduled to launch its Digital Life service in several more markets on Friday. They are Orlando, Providence, Virginia Beach, Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse.
With these six cities, AT&T Digital Life, the company’s home management service, will be available in 39 U.S. markets. The company has a target of 50 markets by the end of this year.
AT&T offers Digital Life both on its own subscribers and as an over the top (OTT) service to people who subscribe to competing broadband providers.
The centerpiece of Digital Life is a home security service with round-the-clock professional monitoring. Through AT&T-owned and operated, U.S.-based monitoring centers, professionals will respond to emergencies and alert police and fire authorities, the company said.
Also available is a home management service, giving customers the flexibility to manage their home from their smartphone, tablet or PC. Apps are available for iOS, as well as Android, BlackBerry and Windows Phones.
The company’s Simple Security tier includes 24/7 home monitoring, 24-hour battery backup, a wireless keypad, keychain remote, recessed sensors and an indoor siren for $29.99 a month plus $149.99 for equipment.
The Smart Security tier includes everything from Simple Security plus a choice of three of the following features: motion sensor, carbon monoxide sensor, glass break sensor, smoke sensor or takeover kit. Smart Security begins at $39.99 a month plus $249.99 for equipment.
Customers who select Smart Security can add these automation packages:
- Camera Package: View live video from inside and outside of the home for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.
- Energy Package: Control appliances, lighting and thermostats for convenience and energy efficiency for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Door Package: Allow a pet sitter or repairman into your home remotely with automated door locks, or check to see whether your garage door is open or closed for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Detection Package: Detect water leaks before damage occurs for an additional $4.99 a month plus equipment.
- Water Control Package: Detect leaks and shut off water at the main water source for an additional $9.99 a month plus equipment.