CTAM has announced its 2012 Rainmaker and TAMI award recipients, who will be recognized on Oct. 15 during the CTAM Summit in Orlando.
CTAM awards the Rainmaker to members who play an essential role in growing the cable business through participation in the association’s corporate partner initiatives.
The 2012 recipients are:
- Tony Maldonado, vice president of acquisition and marketing sciences at Cox Communications, for his leadership as co-chair of the marketing science working group since its inception in 2010
- Julia McGrath, senior vice president of marketing and business development at Cablevision, for her leadership of the CTAM Business Services Council over the last year, which focused all activities on sales transformation and understanding the customer through segmentation and product evolution
- Schuyler Merrihew, executive director of marketing at Sony Pictures Entertainment, for his multi-year involvement in development of strategy and creative for the Transactional Movies On Demand campaign
- Todd Wakai, senior product manager at Comcast, for his leadership on the ACSC On Demand Quality group, raising the flag on the importance of metadata and guiding the committee to the development of the Metadata Best Practices guide.
CTAM awards the TAMI to those who exhibit exceptional volunteer service and creativity in leading projects that benefit individual CTAM members.
The 2012 recipients are:
- John Barker, president of Barker DZP, for his five years of connecting the creative and marketing communities within CTAM, recruiting superb Summit speakers, leading a creative rebrand to increase integrity of the Mark Awards, and providing on-call input to enhance CTAM brand
- Jamia Bigalow, senior vice president of distribution marketing at Fox Cable Networks, for leading the Mark awards competition for three years and chairing in 2011, guiding significant upgrades in entry requirements and successfully revamping the recognition event
- Kathy Filosa, vice president of direct marketing at Cablevision, for major contributions to the New Orleans CTAM Summit and co-chairing the 2012 CTAM Insights Conference
- Janet Gallent, vice president of strategic research at NBCUniversal, for multi-year research leadership in developing cutting-edge, impactful syndicated studies and successfully co-leading the 2012 CTAM Insights Conference
- Rick Lang, senior vice president of marketing and sales for the Central Division at Comcast, for successfully supporting CTAM’s Ideas Network content development, which includes programming events such as CTAM Wired and CTAM Unplugged, as well as participating as a speaker.