Comcast executive vice president and CTO Tony Werner was elected as president and chairman of the board of directors of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers Foundation for the 2011-12 term.
Other officers elected to the Foundation board:
- Vice president: Jim Hughes, senior vice president of broadband sales at CommScope
- Secretary: Mike Phebus, national accounts manager at NCTI
- Treasurer: Steve Taber, vice president of engineering and operations at Comcast.
Marwan Fawaz, formerly CTO of Charter Communications, has also accepted a seat on the Foundation board.
"To thrive in today's ever-changing communications environment, our industry must ensure the widest possible access to the technical tools and training that engineers and operations professionals require," said Bill Schankel, senior director of marketing for the SCTE. "We look forward to working with Tony Werner and the SCTE Foundation to expand the availability of resources that can support the cable telecommunications workforce's development needs."
In addition to Werner, Hughes, Phebus, Taber and Fawaz, the other members of the 2011-12 SCTE Foundation board of directors are:
- Mark Dzuban of the SCTE
- Bob Foote of TriNet Communications
- Bob Gold of Bob Gold & Associates
- Keith Hayes of Charter Communications
- Mike LaJoie of Time Warner Cable
- Ken Wright of Arris Group.
Following the election of its officers, the 2011-12 SCTE Foundation board of directors conducted its first board meeting. Complete information about the SCTE Foundation is available at online.