Charter Communications has gotten into the mobile apps arena with a new downloadable app that provides its customers updates on the cable operator’s services.
Charter’s mobile app was designed for an iPhone, iPod touch or Blackberry smartphones.
“Charter's mobile app brings convenience to our customer's lives,” said Jim Gallagher, Director of Online Marketing for Charter. “It brings together product and On Demand Movie information, TV listings, customer support videos and content and service locations into a single location. Mobile devices are something that people always have within their reach. With this app, we are making it easy for our customers to have information about Charter services at their fingertips.”
Among other features, Charter’s mobile’ app offers the ability to:
- View On Demand listings and trailers
- Find local service center
- View local TV listings
- View Charter’s Facebook and Twitter sites
- Get headline news and weather information
- View customer support articles and videos
- Contact Charter's customer support
- Read Charter's most recent e-newsletter
- Learn about Charter's loyalty program, “Live It with Charter”
- Configure a device to pull in e-mails
Charter said it expected the mobile app’s functionality to increase over time to include more content streaming and the ability to order services. The app is available as a free download at iTunes or Blackberry App World.
Charter also redesigned its charter.net Website, which included new customization tools, easier access to charter.net e-mail and Facebook, real-time TV listings, and trailers of movies on Charter’s on-demand tier.
Charter.net enhancements include:
- Customizable front page, including a continuous stream of headline news, sports and stocks
- Access to Charter e-mail, Facebook and ESPN360.com with just one click
- Access to on demand and a host of movie and television information, and the ability to e-mail popular videos to a friend with Charter's video player.