Close to 30 senior-level IT executives will be on hand at next month’s Cable Show in Washington D.C for the CIO.IT program track.
CIO.IT, which is now in its fourth year at the Cable Show, was designed specifically for chief information officers (CIOs) and other cable IT and technology executives.
CIO.IT will feature five sessions and a series of other networking events during the 58th Annual Convention and International Exposition of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA), April 1-3, 2009, at the Washington, D.C. Convention Center. The CIO.IT activities are scheduled for Thursday, April 2, and Friday, April 3.
“New technologies, applications, and services are continually revolutionizing information technology, presenting opportunities and challenges for cable operators each and every day,” said Christina Anderson, Senior Director of Web Strategy, NCTA, and founder of the CIO.IT program. “CIO.IT is designed as a collaborative experience, enabling participants to share best practices and network with key players throughout the broadband industry.”
CIO.IT will include a keynote address by Gary Beach, Publisher Emeritus, CIO Magazine. Beach will be introduced by Seth Arenstein, Editorial Director/Assistant Vice President, Access Intelligence's Broadband Group.
The four additional sessions will include the following panel discussions:
Stating the Case: Business Contributions of IT Management - Panel to include:
- Moderator: Don Rippert, CTO, Accenture
- Andrew Baer, CIO, Comcast Corporation
- Frank Boncimino, SVP & CIO, Time Warner Cable
- Michael Gabriel, CIO & EVP Information Technology, HBO
- David Kline, CIO, Discovery Communications
OSS & BSS: Transforming the Back Office to Capitalize on New Growth Opportunities - Panel to include:
- Moderator: Michael Grebb, Executive Editor, CableFAX Daily, Access Intelligence
- Jim Anthony, VP - Strategic BSS, Comcast Corporation
- Gary Cronk, VP of Technology Strategy, Time Warner Cable
- Cliff Hagan, SVP Enterprise IT, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Tom Vari, SVP & CIO, Rogers Cable
Now Approaching Tomorrow: Technology Takes Me There - Panel to include:
- Moderator: Gary Arlen, Arlen Communications
- Drew Fredrick, Sr. Director, IT & Technology, Travel Channel
- Sree Kotay, Chief Architect and SVP of Software Engineering, Comcast Corporation
- Scott Teissler, CIO/CTO, CNN
- Bob Zitter, CTO, HBO
Crafting the Code: Software’s Rising Profile in Cable Operations - Panel to include:
- Moderator: Jonathan Tombes, Editor, Communications Technology
- Jenifer Cistola, VP, Cable Information Services, CableLabs
- Chris Dressler, VP Technology Architecture, Cablevision Systems Corporation
- Kashif Haq, Strategic Execution Officer, CIO, CNO, Bright House Networks
- Scott Hatfield, CTO, Cox Communications
- Yvette Gordon-Kanouff, Chief Strategy Officer, SeaChange International