It was announced in mid-September that the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers’ (SCTE) board of directors election process, which usually runs from August through June, would be shifting with the 2009 election.
Since the Cable-Tec Expo is where newly elected SCTE board members take office each year, the shift in the election process was necessary due to the shift in trade shows, where Expo 2009 was moved to October.
The new schedule for Election 2009 is as follows:
- Call for nominations – Dec. 15, 2008
- Deadline for call for nominations – Feb. 2, 2009
- Candidate slate posted to Web site – April 4, 2009
- Voting begins – May 15, 2009
- Voting ends – June 26, 2009
- Election results announced – No later than Aug. 15, 2009
- New board members take office – In October at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2009
Expo 2009 is part of the Cable Connection-Fall week and is set for Oct. 28-30 in Denver.
The SCTE board of directors includes 12 regional directors, four directors-at-large and one director-at-large for Canada. Board members are elected to two-year terms. Each year, approximately half of the board’s terms expire, according to the SCTE.
More Broadband Direct: