The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) is accepting candidate nominations for the seven seats on its board of directors that are up for election in 2007. Each position has a two-year term. The nomination deadline is Monday, Oct. 2.
Any member of the Society can nominate a candidate by submitting a nomination form located at the Society's Web site in the Member Services section. Select "National Leadership" to access details and find a link to the form.
Candidates must be active SCTE members who have been members for at least the last three years and reside within the Region they will represent.
The seven positions up for nominations are:* Region 1 Director representing Calif., Hawaii, and Nev.
* Region 2 Director representing Ariz., Colo. N.M., Utah and Wyo.
* Region 6 Director representing Minn., N.D., S.D. and Wis.
* Region 9 Director representing Fla., Ga. S.C. and Puerto Rico
* Region 11 Director representing Del., Md., N.J., and Pa.
* Director-At-Large representing the entire membership
* Director-At-Large representing the entire membership.
All eligible SCTE members will receive voting information in January. Those elected to the board will take office on Tues., June 19, 2007, in Orlando at the annual SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.