POSITION: Network Equipment Engineer
REPORTS TO: Director of Network Engineering
LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL
Develop and maintain standards/templates for all network equipment (such as cell sites - building, power, alarms, tower, switching equipment, etc.). Perform sourcing and project management functions related to the delivery and installation of network equipment.
* Perform sourcing function (engineering related/RFQ/RFP) for all network equipment including cell sites/ground stations, ancillary systems (power, alarms, facilities), switching equipment, etc.
* Work with RF engineering to obtain Search Area Maps (SAMs) for cell sites and manage the procurement of tower/site space for cell sites.
* Perform project management functions to coordinate delivery, installation, testing and commissioning of various network equipment.
* Responsible for independently performing professional engineering assignments in functional area which involves the planning, evaluation and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
* Coordinate circuit installations between vendor and operations personnel and tracks status and escalates to ensure timely completion of orders.
* Maintain accurate circuit inventory and plays a lead role in vendor management documenting and tracking key performance indicators.
* Manage, maintain and configure network hardware (ex: LAN Switches, Load Balancers, Content Switches, Routers and other network devices).
* Complete equipment capability analysis, technology assessments and site surveys.
* Work with finance to track product delivery/schedules from vendors, payments to vendors per contractual terms.
* Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
* 7+ years in telecommunications industry (3+ years in wireless).
* 3+ years experience in project management preferably related to the wireless industry.
* Knowledge of hardware components such as wireless switching components, wireless RF components, HLR, intelligent peripherals, BGS, cell site and radio configuration on various relevant platforms.
* In depth knowledge of RF design, frequency planning, antenna system design, site location, RF system optimization, performance analysis, equipment provisioning, and map reading.
* Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office application, MS Project, MapInfo and computer assisted design and measurement tools.To apply email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Network Equipment Engineer