Cheetah upgrades its network monitoring system
Cheetah Technologies has launched a new release of its network performance management system. The 4.0 release of CheetahXD provides operators with advanced visibility and transparency through Network Tracker Plus, the network performance monitoring device introduced in November.
Network Tracker Plus provides a suite of testing and reporting capabilities, giving cable service providers the ability to run a complete system analysis on analog video, DOCSIS data and QAM digital video channels.
Steve Day, Cheetah's senior vice president of marketing and strategic planning, said: "We are adding additional value through GIS presentation of the network, QAM video carrier analysis, expanded frequency analysis to 1 GHz and much more. For our existing licensed customers and for our new customers, this provides the only management platform capable of a 360 view of the network, including optical network, RF network, power supplies and HFC system analysis."
MSOs can use the data to keep on top of network performance while ensuring quality of service (QoS), as well as to keep on top of workforce automation and telemetry functions, the company said.
Other applications of CheetahXD 4.0 with Network Tracker Plus include:
- Automating the semi-annual FCC proof of performance test process
- Performance monitoring of mission-critical locations, such as high-value neighborhoods, high-density population centers and network trouble spots
- Real-time monitoring for difficult customer network or content troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring workforce quality assurance to eliminate inadvertent workforce-caused outages
- Providing long-term system analysis and scorecards at critical network health points.