Time Warner Cable reaches for the cloud with SaaS for businesses
Time Warner Cable Business Class has launched a cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering for small- and medium-size businesses.
The service, which is called Cloud Hosted Exchange, connects businesses with hosted communication and collaboration tools, without the cost of owning and managing the equipment. The new cloud-based offering was unveiled at the New York Business Expo and Conference earlier this week in New York City.
“With Time Warner Cable Business Class Cloud Services, all businesses have affordable and reliable access to communications technology that was typically only available to larger enterprises,” said Ken Fitzpatrick, president of Time Warner Cable Business Class’ East Region. “Our turnkey, fully managed, hosted solutions enhance communication and collaboration without the need to invest in additional hardware or manpower resources.”
Some of the features include Hosted Microsoft Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010 and Outlook.
As a result of these services being delivered in the cloud, other Time Warner Cable Business Class Cloud Services features include:
- Anywhere access to email, calendars, contact lists and documents on multiple devices, such as PCs, mobile phones and tablets
- Lower, predictable costs and no capital outlay
- Fully managed solution, with live access to technical experts 24/7/365
- Flexible, scalable options to adapt to changing business needs
- Anti-spam and anti-virus technology
- Security and reliability of enterprise-grade data centers, providing high availability with robust business continuity
- Comprehensive, easy-to-use online service management.
“The addition of the Cloud Hosted Exchange from Time Warner Cable Business Class has greatly improved our operational efficiencies, which has directly translated into better client communications and service,” said Timothy George, president and CEO of the Eagle Insurance Agency in Syracuse, N.Y. “Among its many benefits is that we can now respond and interact more efficiently with email and shared calendars from any device while out of the office. We also control our own environment in real time to scale or modify existing mailboxes as required, and support is 24/7. Such timely resolution allows us to focus more on our core business responsibilities."
Time Warner Cable Business Class Cloud Services are part of a broad range of Internet, voice, television and network services offered by Time Warner Cable Business Class.