Suddenlink’s Parrott wins SCTE award
Suddenlink Communications’ Andy Parrott was honored this week with the SCTE Excellence in Cable Telecommunications Learning and Development Award during the SCTE Leadership Conference.
Parrott, who is Suddenlink’s corporate vice president of technical operations, was presented with the award on Tuesday at the conference in Henderson, Nev. Parrott, who has spent almost two decades in cable technology, was honored for his emphasis on tools, training and SCTE certification that have helped to drive high customer satisfaction and J.D. Power ratings for Suddenlink.
The SCTE award recognizes learning and development professionals within the cable telecommunications community who have demonstrated significant success in advancing the careers of others through innovative use of cable telecommunications, technology-centric curricula and learning programs.
“One of the hallmarks of Andy Parrott’s leadership has been a genuine understanding of the relationship between well-trained, highly motivated technicians and satisfied subscribers,” said Terry Cordova, senior vice president and CTO of Suddenlink and vice chairman of the SCTE board of directors. “Andy’s concern for helping people to do their jobs better is an ideal fit with the Suddenlink culture of taking care of customers and employees and has helped speed the company’s forward progress.”
Since joining Suddenlink eight years ago, Parrott’s contributions have included:
- Direct involvement in the development of automated tools that provide real-time insight into the health of the network, as well as reporting procedures that enable greater levels of coaching and mentoring
- Standardization of technical methods and procedures, job titles, and job descriptions to streamline operational procedures
- Creation of Careerlink , Suddenlink’s career progression program for broadband technicians
- Transition to an efficient workforce management system that has streamlined workflows for technicians and dispatchers
- Development of a program to achieve and maintain 100 percent SCTE certification of technicians, resulting in high grades from customers in J.D. Power Awards surveys.
Parrott is chairman of SCTE’s Certification Subcommittee, a member of the Professional Development Committee and the 2012 SCTE Cable-Tec Expo Program Committee, and he serves on the board of directors for the Gateway Chapter in St. Louis and is past co-chairman of the 2010 Chapter Leadership Conference.
The SCTE Leadership Conference combined two former SCTE events – the Chapter Leadership Conference (CLC) and the Conference on Broadband Learning & Development (CBL&D) – into a three-day event that focuses on learning and development, leadership strategies, and chapter development.