NCTA seeks nominees for this year's Vanguard Awards
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association is currently seeking nominations for its Vanguard Awards, which are handed out at The Cable Show.
Now in their 47th year, the Vanguard Awards honor the cable industry's foremost leaders in management, technology, programming, operations and marketing whose accomplishments merit the recognition of the entire industry.
The awards will be presented at a special luncheon and ceremony on May 23 during The Cable Show 2012, scheduled for May 21-23 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
Nominations for the Vanguard Awards are due to the NCTA by March 5. More information and nomination forms are available online .
Inaugurated in 1965, the Vanguard Awards are presented annually to individuals with a commitment to excellence.
Award winners are honored in the following categories:
- Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (man)
- Distinguished Vanguard Award for Leadership (woman)
- Vanguard Award for Cable Operations Management
- Vanguard Award for Science and Technology
- Vanguard Award for Government and Community Relations
- Vanguard Award for Marketing
- Vanguard Award for Associates and Affiliates
- Vanguard Award for Young Leadership.
Award candidates can be nominated by representatives of NCTA member companies, and winners are selected by an awards committee composed of several members of the NCTA board of directors and former award winners.