Call for papers: SCTE Energy Management Forum
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers is seeking proposals for presentations to be given at the SCTE SEMI (Smart Energy Management Initiative) Forum, scheduled for May 24 in Bellingham, Wash.
The conference is part of the SCTE's ongoing effort to drive meaningful and substantive applications of technology that lead to improved energy management and the reduction of energy consumption and expense. Top cable engineering executives who have a vested interest in smart energy management will be in attendance at the Spring 2011 Forum. Alpha Technologies, an SCTE SEMI Program Sponsor, will host the conference.
The Spring Forum Call for Papers is posted online . The deadline for proposals is April 15.
The Call for Papers requests the submission of case studies based on the following topics:
- Energy project resulting in significant energy and cost savings, including review of project timeline, financial strategy, successes and lessons learned
- Energy data collection and management for large companies
- Energy cost negotiation in open markets
- Selling executives on energy management and getting the entire organization behind the SEMI mission
- Cash flow positive recycling strategies for "end-of-life" equipment
- Leveraging government incentive programs
- Is the carbon count subject real?
In addition, the SCTE desires presentations that would discuss leading-edge energy technology advancements that could have significant impact on opex savings.