Cable Hall of Fame Class of '11 named
Six Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2011 honorees have been named by The Cable Center.
The new honorees are:
- Maria Bartiromo, anchor at CNBC
- Jeff Bewkes, chairman and CEO of Time Warner Inc.
- Rocco Commisso, founder, chairman and CEO at Mediacom Communications
- Jim Gray, former vice chairman of Time Warner Cable and former chairman and CEO of PrimeStar Partners
- Paul Kagan, chairman and CEO of PK Worldmedia
- Tim Wirth, president of the United Nations Foundation
The honorees will be inducted during the Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, held in conjunction with Cable Connection – Spring, which is set for June 14-16, 2011, in Chicago. The 14th-annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration will be held on June 14.
The 2011 Cable Hall of Fame selection committee was chaired by Matthew Blank, chairman and CEO of Showtime Networks, and the honorees were chosen because of their dedication to and impact on the cable industry.
More Broadband Direct 8/11/10:
|• Google in deal to sell ads on DirecTV channels |
|• In the media: Cable to get shorter VOD window |
|• Companies to display new tech at CableLabs |
|• Broadband adoption slows down, but blacks catch up |
|• Cable Hall of Fame Class of '11 named |
|• SinglePoint calls for transparency in mobile ads |