ZyXel completes bonded ADSL2+ CPE line
ZyXel Communications – a provider of secure broadband networking, Internet connectivity and routing products – has come out with an 802.11n bonded ADSL2+ gateway for service providers.
The P663HN – which boasts 300 Mbps speeds and quality coverage – is home networking friendly, with a bonded ADSL2+ modem, 11n wireless, four-port switch and built-in secure firewall. With bonded ADSL2+, service providers can increase bandwidth over existing copper infrastructure, enabling them to quickly deploy IPTV, VOD and other services.
“ZyXel now has a complete line of bonded ADSL2+ CPE – offering service providers several options that double the bandwidth on existing copper infrastructure,” said Brian Feng, senior vice president of the key accounts business unit for ZyXel. “With the P-663HN, service providers can economically offer higher bandwidth services coupled with home networking solutions to their subscribers. This is a prime example of ZyXel’s commitment to building exactly what operators need to remain competitive.”
Additional P663HN benefits include:
- ADSL2+ bonding – ATM-based multi-paired bonding groups two ports into one logical link, supporting up to 48 Mbps downstream and 4 Mbps upstream – effectively doubling the original speed. In addition, individual port bit rates can be freely and independently changed by their respective physical layer.
- 802.11n wireless – The P663HN uses draft 802.11n technology with multiple external antennas to maximize the speed and range of a wireless signal, eliminating Wi-Fi dead spots.
- QoS – The P663HN is equipped with both ATM and IP QoS features, allowing operators to freely design their QoS policy based on a subscriber’s service plan. The operator thereby can prioritize mission-critical services such as IPTV and VoIP, increasing network efficiency and bringing true multi-play into residential users’ lives.
- TR-069 – With TR-069 standard management specifications, operators can remotely manage and configure customer devices. This not only offers customers a true plug-and-play experience, it reduces operators’ operation and maintenance costs.
- WLAN/WPS button – This eco-friendly wireless on/off button gives users an easy way to manage energy consumption and stay green.
In April, ZyXel received DOCSIS 3.0 and PacketCable 1.5 certification  from CableLabs for the company’s P-2910 series embedded multimedia terminal adapter (EMTA).
The all-in-one E-MTA – which offers downstream speeds of up to 160 Mbps, and upstream speeds of up to 120 Mbps – features two analog phone lines, a four-port gigabit Ethernet switch, 802.11n wireless capability, a USB host so it can hook up to any external USB storage devices or printer devices, and the ability to be shared by several computers, as well as battery backup (included).
“In the next few months, we’ll announce a DOCSIS 3.0 commercial offering,” ZyXel’s director of marketing communications Jake Salia told CED in April. “We see a lot of opportunity in this market.”
ZyXel counts Charter Communications and Time Warner Cable as MSO customers.