SCTE announces committee chairs
SCTE board of directors chairman Terry Cordova recently confirmed his slate of individuals who will serve as chairs of the various board committees for the 2013-’14 board term, the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) announced today.
The slate comprises the following executives:
- Chapters: Roger Hughes, Armstrong Group of Companies
- Engineering: Joseph Jensen, Buckeye CableSystem
- Finance: Christine Whitaker, Time Warner Cable
- Governance: Jim Hughes, CommScope
- Membership: Dr. Martha Soehren, Comcast Cable Communications
- Nominations: Tony Werner, Comcast Cable Communications
- Professional Development: Andy Parrott, Suddenlink Communications
“I thank each of these devoted individuals for their willingness to serve the SCTE and its mission,” said Cordova, senior vice president and CTO of Suddenlink Communications. “We have a lot to accomplish in the coming year, and with their commitment to these leadership roles, we will be successful in advancing SCTE’s position in the industry.”
Cordova will guide each of the committee chairs in aligning their respective keys areas of focus with the primary goals and objectives of the Society. The committee chairs currently are inviting individuals to join their respective committees to help meet the goals and objectives. Cordova said the SCTE Board will emphasize driving the success of SCTE’s new Corporate Alliance Program and reviewing the SCTE strategic vision, among other priorities.