BlackArrow forms advisory board
BlackArrow has assembled a roster of industry experts for its new advisory board.
The board’s goals include helping the TV and advertising industries gain a better understanding of the benefits, challenges and opportunities of new advertising technologies.
Charter members of the advisory board included; Nancy Hill (4A’s), David Poltrack (CBS), Marcien Jenckes (Comcast), Mike Bologna (GroupM), Marc Krok (AMC) and Bob DeSena (Engagement Marketing Group).
“With the TV industry undergoing such a revolutionary change, we felt this distinguished group of individuals could offer unique market and business perspectives to BlackArrow and our partners as the television advertising industry navigates the quickly morphing market,” said BlackArrow Nick Troiano. “We’re extremely excited about the caliber of the charter members that have joined us in this mission and grateful to them for committing the time and expertise to support our efforts in establishing a healthy advanced advertising and TV ecosystem.”
The board will provide guidance to set a direction and promote the role of advanced advertising. They will address actionable topics such as: how to mix traditional linear TV buys with new addressable advertising to optimize effectiveness of a marketing spend; how to consider reach and frequency as audiences span multiple TV platforms; how the mix of the right data sources and technology can be used to show TV advertising effectiveness; and how emerging capabilities such as addressability, video on-demand (VOD) advertising, and multi-screen experiences should be factored in the mix.
BlackArrow said each of the following board members brings extensive advertising knowledge and experience:
• Hill is the president and CEO of 4A’s. Hill is a veteran of agencies on both coasts, holding positions at Doner/Baltimore, TBWA\Chiat\Day, Goldberg Moser O’Neill (which became Hill | Holliday in 2001) and BBDO, where she was first president of its San Francisco office and then later executive vice president and managing director for New York.
• Poltrack is the chief research officer at CBS and oversees all research operations at CBS. Poltrack has also served as a chairman of the Media Rating Council, trustee of the executive committee for the Marketing Science Institute, president of the Market Research Council and Chairman of the Advertising Research Foundation.
• Jenckes is the executive vice president of consumer services at Comcast. Jenckes was previously the CEO of Voxant and led a variety of teams at AOL, including strategy and operations, web development, video production, photo editing and project management, and served as senior vice president of messaging, community and voice at AOL.
• Bologna is the director of emerging communications at GroupM, assisting clients in the development of marketing and advertising applications on advanced digital platforms. Bologna is known throughout the industry for his expertise in the field of digital communications, including interactive television, video on-demand, DVR and wireless.
• Krok is the senior vice president of advertising sales at AMC Networks. Krok is a television advertising veteran with more than 15 years of experience, with prior experience as vice president of advertising sales at Dish Network, in ad sales at NBC Universal and MTV Networks, and in national broadcast buying at agencies such as Busch Media, Wieden & Kennedy and Ogilvy & Mather.
• DeSena is CEO and founder of the Engagement Marketing Group. Earlier in his career, he served as managing director of Mars Direct at Masterfoods USA, director of media and marketing services with Wunderman, executive vice president and general manager of Draft (now DraftFCB), senior vice president of marketing for Time Warner Direct, and vice president of digital media for Time Inc.