Full list of tech Emmys revealed
After Cablevision, Time Warner Cable, TiVo and YouTube all separately announced that they would be receiving technical Emmys, the The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences released the full list of recipients of the awards.
The 65th Annual Technology & Engineering Emmy Awards will take place in January, alongside the CES Show.
The individuals and companies that will be honored at the event include:
- Development, Standardization and Productization of the High Definition Serial Digital Interface – SMPTE, Sony, Yamashita Engineering Manufacture Inc. (FOR-A)
- Personalized Recommendation Engines for Video Discovery – John Hey (Adobe), Netflix, TiVo, YouTube (Google), Amazon
- In-Camera Electronic Compensation for Lateral Chromatic Aberrations in External Lenses – a Panasonic
- Inexpensive Small Rugged HD Camcorders – GoPro
- Pioneering Wearable Camera Stabilizer Platforms – Garrett Brown
- Pioneering Analog Video Repositioner – Steven Rutt, Robert A. Diamond
- Gesture Control Systems for Video and Games (non-touch screen) – Microsoft, Nintendo of America, Sony
- Pioneering Work in Implementation and Deployment of Network DVR – Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Thirdspace (Velocix, Alcatel-Lucent)
- Pioneering Development of Video on Demand (VOD) Dynamic Advertising Insertion – Time Warner Cable, N2 Broadband (Ericsson)
- Development and Standardization of the MPEG-2 Transport Stream – ISO/IEC JJC1/SC29/WG11 Moving Picture Experts Group
“The National Academy’s Technology and Engineering Achievement Committee is pleased to honor these technology companies and individuals whose innovation and vision have materially affected the way the audience views television and have set the standard for technological excellence in the industry,” said committee Chairman, Robert P. Seidel, vice president of CBS engineering and advanced technology and chairman, Engineering Achievement Committee of the Academy.