Advertisement
News
Advertisement

DoJ signs off on Moto/Arris deal

Fri, 04/12/2013 - 12:29pm
Mike Robuck

Arris announced this morning that the United States Department of Justice (DoJ) had signed off on its $2.235 billion deal to buy Motorola Mobility’s Home division from Google.

With the DoJ stamp of approval in hand, Arris has cleared all of the regulatory hurdles and expects the transaction, which was first announced Dec. 19,  to close “on or about April 17.” In February the DoJ announced it was taking a closer look at the Arris/Motorola Home transaction.

To date, Arris hasn’t said how over-lapping product lines, such as CCAP/CMTS, edge QAMs and cable modems, from Motorola would be folded into its lineup. (Here’s an overview of possible scenarios for Motorola/Arris.) A spokesman for Arris said the company didn’t have any additional comments beyond this morning’s release.

Arris also hasn’t divulged what will happen with the Horsham, Pa.-based Motorola employees, as well as executives, including former Charter Communications CTO Marwan Fawaz, who joined Motorola Home last year. 

Previously, Needham and Co. analyst Richard Valera said Arris stood to triple its sales and double its EPS while adding $2 billion in debt with the Motorola acquisition. 

Advertisement

Share This Story

X
You may login with either your assigned username or your e-mail address.
The password field is case sensitive.
Loading