Eight executives of vendor companies for cable industry Information Technology (IT) services have been chosen by a committee of cable chief information officers (CIOs) as finalists in the fourth annual CIO.IT | Competition 2013.
The finalist presentations, selected from a group of more than two dozen applications received earlier this year, focus on two major areas of interest to cable industry companies in 2013: cloud-based and service oriented architecture (SOA) technology that can enhance cable operations; and operational and business opportunities from “big data.”
There will be two competition panels, one for Cloud & SOA, the other for Big Data. Each will feature four finalists.
The Cloud + SOA will hear presentations from:
- John Heaton, director of sales engineering, Americas, Aspera
- Mike Horwitz, SVP, engineering, thePlatform
- Ruben Shah, head of mobility & cloud practice, Wipro Technologies
- Brad Stockdell, senior director, solution architecture, NetCracker Technologies
The Big Data session will pit presentations from the following against each other:
- Don Bowman, co-founder & CTO, Sandvine
- Mark Cusack, chief architect, RainStor
- Debbie Mayville, senior solutions architect, SAS Institute
- Gemini Waghmare, CEO, UXP Systems
Winners of the CIO.IT | Competition 2013 will be announced at a cocktail reception during the Cable Show.