ESPNWatch now available through Xbox
ESPN is serving up a full slate of its live, TV Everywhere programming on Microsoft’s Xbox 360 console.
The WatchESPN service, which is available to authenticated, linear subscribers from pay TV service providers, includes HD programming from ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Buzzer Beater and Goal Line. Xbox Live Gold subscribers can watch all their favorite sports and shows live, including “SportsCenter,” “SportsNation” and the “Mike and Mike Show,” as well as ESPN’s coverage of the NFL, including “Monday Night Football,” Major League Baseball and the NBA.
Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Bright House Networks, Midcontinent Communications and Verizon have deals in place for their subscribers to access WatchESPN content online and on various devices through the WatchESPN app. WatchESPN is currently available to 40 million households and the app has been launched across Android and iOS tablets and smartphones as well as PC web browsers.
Additional features for WatchESPN include:
- My Sports – by choosing favorite sports and teams, fans are able to find games and content
- Mini Guide – gives fans a preview and quick access to all live events and highlights right at the bottom of the screen
- Split Screen – watch two events at once. Watch live events on both screens or a live event on one and highlights on the other.
- Kinect – allows fans to navigate through the entire experience all with the wave of a hand or through voice control.
- ESPN BottomLine – provides breaking news and score updates from around the world of sports.