Mike LaJoie, executive vice president and CTO of Time Warner Cable and chairman of the current 2011-12 SCTE board, has been reappointed as a director.
The SCTE board also welcomed four new board members: Ralph Brown, CTO of CableLabs; Pat Crull, group vice president and chief learning officer (CLO) of Time Warner Cable; Jim Hughes, senior vice president of global broadband sales for CommScope; and Martha Soehren, senior vice president and CLO for Comcast University and Comcast Cable.
These executives will hold five of the seven seats for appointees on the SCTE board, each of whom serves a two-year term. The board also includes eight regional directors, who are selected from and elected by the SCTE’s 13 regional representatives, each of whom acts on behalf of an SCTE region.
The eight elected directors for the 2012-’13 board term are:
- David Haigh, lead engineer at Midcontinent Communications
- Tommy Hill, director of area operations at Mediacom Communications
- Roger Hughes, senior engineer at Armstrong Cable Services
- Joe Jensen, executive vice president and CTO at Buckeye Cablevision
- Bob Legg, vice president of technical operations at Suddenlink Communications
- Ed Marchetti, vice president of engineering/operations at Comcast Cable
- Nick Segura, manager of network operations at Charter Communications
- Rick Sullivan, Midwestern sales account manager at Times Fiber Communications/Amphenol.
Hill, Hughes, Jensen, Legg and Sullivan serve on the current 2011-12 SCTE board. Two other board members – Terry Cordova, senior vice president and CTO of Suddenlink and current vice chairman of the SCTE board, and Patrick O’Hare, senior vice president of field operations for Comcast – will be serving the second year of their two-year appointments during 2012-13.
“Our board membership continues to evolve to reflect the diverse needs of SCTE and the industry,” said Mark Dzuban, president and CEO of the SCTE. “The contributions of our 2012-13 board will be particularly important as we continue to seek ways to drive new levels of technology innovation, standards and learning for the industry.”
The 2012-13 board will meet for the first time and will elect officers on Oct. 16 in conjunction with SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2012. Expo will begin with pre-conference sessions and a companion event, the Digital Home Symposium, on Oct. 16 and will continue Oct. 17-19 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.