SeaChange, TiVo extend Cardio to Cisco networks
SeaChange International and TiVo’s video-on-demand (VOD) system, originally released to work on Motorola-based networks, is now also available for Cisco-based networks.
SeaChange and TiVo have also added some new features to the system, called Cardio, that enable system scalability to support up to millions of subscribers.
Cardio combines SeaChange’s gateway software, Axiom on Demand VOD back office software, Adrenalin multi-screen back office, and servers that connect directly to TiVo’s user interface and TiVo’s set-top boxes, including the Premiere, Premiere Q and Preview models. That includes TiVo’s new four-tuner DVR, the Premiere 4, separately announced today.
“Cardio improves upon a simple and hugely popular goal to give operators more choice in set-tops and subscriber experience while further leveraging their SeaChange video back office,” said Anthony Landamia, executive director of product management at SeaChange. “SeaChange and TiVo solved a fundamental challenge for operators that invested in VOD, yet wanted to expand set-top options without disruption. Its capabilities will continue to evolve and support more devices and digital network vendors.”
Separately, TiVo’s new Premiere 4 incorporates four digital tuners to record up to four programs simultaneously. It comes with 500 GB of storage, which could hold up to 75 hours of HD content.
TiVo Premiere 4 specifications include:
- Use with digital cable systems only; it does not work with analog cable or over-the-air antennas
- Supports digital cable (QAM only) and Verizon FiOS
- Outputs: HDMI, component video, composite video, optical audio, analog audio
- Video output modes include: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Inputs: CableCard support, cable coax, Ethernet connection, two USB 2.0 ports, eSATA, MoCA
- Additional support for USB 2.0 (two ports), eSATA for external recording space, TiVo Wireless N or G Network Adapter
- The TiVo Premiere 4 is now available, with a suggested retail price of $249.99, plus a monthly service fee of $14.99 with a one-year commitment.