Optimum Lightpath, a division of Cablevision, announced this morning the availability of a suite of services that was designed to meet the communications needs of local governments.
Optimum Lightpath Government Services Suite helps counties, cities, townships and municipalities reduce their telecommunications costs by bundling Ethernet, telephony and Web conferencing services together.
The suite includes services that help local governments implement telework programs; use collaboration services to improve efficiencies for judicial, human services, police and other departments; attract new companies and jobs; support local programs for residents; cut telecommunications costs; and more. It can also help them adapt to changing requirements related to disaster preparedness, homeland security, transportation management and introducing new efficiencies to judicial system processes.
“Local governments have unique telecommunications needs given the important role they play in serving their residents and businesses,” said Julia McGrath, Optimum Lightpath’s senior vice president of marketing and business development. “The Optimum Lightpath Government Services Suite was built with this fundamental understanding and provides the flexible, cost-effective and powerful services that help our customers in the government sector advance.”
The suite of services includes:
- E-Line – Layer 2 dedicated point-to-point data service to support single or multiple applications that do not require a preset amount of bandwidth.
- V-Line – Layer 2 point-to-point data service that utilizes a single Ethernet Virtual Connection (EVC) to transmit information between locations.
- E-Link – Data solution that extends connectivity from an Optimum Lightpath customer’s primary location to smaller, remote offices.
- Internet voice bundle – Provides Internet access with ability to terminate voice traffic from traditional or IP PBX to the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) over a dedicated Ethernet service.
- Toll Free – Switched or dedicated toll-free services.
- Conference bundle – Includes audio and Web conferencing in a single service with flexible packages.
The suite of services is available across Optimum Lightpath’s New York metropolitan footprint via the company’s fiber network. Local governments throughout the New York metro area using Optimum Lightpath’s services include Wayne Township and Jefferson Township in New Jersey and Westchester County in New York.