TWC's LaJoie named new chairman of SCTE board
Mike LaJoie, executive vice president and CTO at Time Warner Cable, will serve as chairman of the board of directors of the Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers for the 2011-12 term, the SCTE board announced.
LaJoie is joined on the 2011-12 board by:
- Terry Cordova, senior vice president and CTO at Suddenlink Communications, who will serve as vice chairman.
- Alan Tschirner, vice president of technology for NCTC, who will serve as secretary.
- Steve Taber, vice president of engineering and operations at Comcast, who will serve as treasurer.
Immediate past chairman of the SCTE board, Bob Foote of TriNet Communications, remains a member of the board's Executive Committee.
"With the universal engineering and operations challenges and opportunities ahead, there is high value in having representatives from large and small operators and the vendor community on our Executive Committee," said Mark Dzuban, president and CEO of SCTE.
The other 10 members of the 2011-12 SCTE board of directors are:
- Dick Amell of Bright House Networks
- Tony Faccia of Rogers Cable Communications
- Richard Green, formerly of CableLabs
- Tommy Hill of Mediacom Communications
- Roger Hughes of Armstrong Cable Services
- Joe Jensen of Buckeye CableSystem
- Bob Legg of Suddenlink Communications
- Patrick O'Hare of Comcast Cable Communications
- Leslie Read of Read Broadband Services
- Rick Sullivan of Times Fiber Communications.
The following individuals are serving on the 2011-12 SCTE Operations Committee, which comprises the representatives from each of the 12 U.S. regions and the Canadian region:
- Region 1: Ed Marchetti of Comcast
- Region 2: Nick Segura of Charter Communications
- Region 3: Steve Taber of Comcast
- Region 4: Leslie Read of Read Broadband Services
- Region 5: Rick Sullivan of Times Fiber
- Region 6: David Haigh of Midcontinent Communications
- Region 7: Joe Jensen of Buckeye
- Region 8: Tommy Hill of Mediacom
- Region 9: Rick Jubeck of 4Cable TV
- Region 10: Bob Legg of Suddenlink
- Region 11: Roger Hughes of Armstrong
- Region 12: Bob Foote of TriNet
- Canada: Tony Faccia of Rogers.