AT & T intros U-verse customer service app
AT&T has introduced an app U-verse customers can use to manage their accounts and access customer service.
The U-verse Service & Support Tool app is currently available on Android and BlackBerry devices; the company said it will soon be available on the iPhone.
- Provides users with the status of their U-verse services
- Delivers notifications on known service issues in subscriber areas and sends subscribers an email or text with updates on service resolution
- Offers more than 30 step-by-step guides to address common questions, including images and tips
- Lets subscribers restart their U-verse TV receiver and residential gateway directly from their smartphone, even if away from home
- Gives users the ability to chat online directly with an agent.
Separately, the company announced a short slate of additional handhelds that support U-verse Mobile, which lets U-verse TV subscribers browse the U-verse TV program guide, schedule and manage their DVR recordings, and – for subscribers with qualifying TV plans – watch TV shows on their qualifying smartphone.
The new handhelds included several Android and Windows 7 devices.
"As you're heading out for your summer road trip or vacation, U-verse Mobile is a great app to keep the family entertained, and at no extra cost," said Jeff Weber, vice president of video services for AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets.