SCTE names new board directors
The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers has announced the results of its board of directors election for 2010.
The newly elected directors will begin their two-year terms at the SCTE board of directors meeting on Oct. 19 at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010, which is set for Oct. 20-22 in New Orleans.
- Region 3 director (representing Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington) – Steve Taber, vice president of engineering and technical operations at Comcast Cable Communications
- Region 4 director (representing Oklahoma and Texas) – Leslie Read, owner of Read Broadband Services
- Region 5 director (representing Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska) – Rick Sullivan, Midwestern sales account manager at Times Fiber Amphenol
- Region 7 director (representing Indiana, Michigan and Ohio) – Joseph Jensen, executive vice president and CTO at Buckeye CableSystem
- Region 8 director (representing Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Tennessee) – Tommy Hill, director of area operations for Mediacom Communications
- Region 10 director (representing Washington, D.C., Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia) – Robert Legg Jr., vice president of technical operations at Suddenlink Communications
- Region 12 director (representing Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont) – Bob Foote, vice president of sales for major markets at TriNet Communications
- Director-at-large Canada (representing the SCTE's Canadian members) – Tony Faccia, vice president of wireline access networks at Rogers Cable Communications
- Director-at-large (representing all SCTE members) – Dick Amell, vice president of engineering at Time Warner Cable
- Director-at-large (representing all SCTE members) – Alan Tschirner, vice president of technology and engineering for the NCTC.