LG and Ericsson's joint communications venture has officially launched in the United States. The Irvine, Calif., company, dubbed LG-Ericsson USA, provides communications equipment and services for businesses, including Wi-Fi infrastructure and network management services.
S.B. Mun, CEO of LG-Ericsson USA, said that the joint venture's products would benefit from being sourced to a single manufacturer. The venture's offerings include a suite of IP PBX systems, business-class digital, IP, Wi-Fi, SIP, soft phones and network management products.
"We are confident that by deploying our solutions, our customers will benefit from improved cost effectiveness and operational efficiency, as well as unparalleled interoperability," Mun said.
The joint venture, formerly Edgecore Networks, is a collaboration between LG and Ericsson's joint venture and Taiwan-based voice and data network company Accton, which owns 40 percent. LG and Ericsson's joint venture holds the remaining 60 percent stake.
Ericsson acquired a dominant stake in the former LG-Nortel joint venture following its purchase of Nortel's wireless assets. The renamed LG-Ericsson joint venture, which closed on June 30 of this year, has 1,300 employees and is headquartered in Seoul, with its research and development center in Anyang, Korea.