Concurrent enhances 3-screen capabilities
Concurrent announced the availability of MediaHawk VX, its latest generation of software for delivering multi-screen video.
MediaHawk VX enables service providers and content providers to deliver commercial video to any device over any network from a unified, hardware-agnostic platform; the technology is designed to work in cable, IPTV, wireless and Internet networks.
MediaHawk VX features include:
- Integrated streaming and download delivery
- HTTP progressive download
- Dynamic bit rate HTTP streaming
- RTSP streaming featuring Gatling resiliency
- Support for Web and wireless connected devices
- Apple iPhone and iPad
- Adobe Flash
- Microsoft Silverlight (Smooth Streaming)
- Origin server, content delivery and edge caching functionality
- 3-D content support
- Support for multiple hardware platforms
- Up to 20 Gbps of output per rack unit
- Integrated 100 percent solid state cache
- Ultra-high capacity storage
David King, Concurrent's chief marketing officer and senior vice president of video solutions, said, "Concurrent's MediaHawk VX software enables our customers to increase video-related revenue by tapping into new screens and new applications without the need to introduce new hardware into the network."
Concurrent said its MediaHawk and MiniHawk video server platforms are the first systems to leverage VX software.
The company claims 205 distinct video systems deployed in cable and telecom markets worldwide, represent approximately 23.9 million basic cable subscribers.
Concurrent will be demonstrating its multi-screen video and MDAS data analysis solutions at The Cable Show next week in Los Angeles.