Cox Business offers complimentary security suite
Cox Business has launched its Cox Business Security Suite in order to help its customers secure their business software and data.
The free service, which is powered by McAfee SAAS security technology, is currently available in Cox’s Roanoke and Hampton Roads, Va., areas, with additional markets slated to launch this year.
Among other features, Cox Business Security Suite includes:
- McAfee Site Advisor technology, a website safety advisor that uses simple color codes to identify risky websites so users can safely surf the Web and transact online
- Anti-virus, anti-phishing, anti-spyware software
- SAAS provides automatic updates and upgrades
- Firewall and identify theft protection
- Centralized Web-based management in the SecurityCenter console enables ease for IT administrators and office supervisors
- Customizable installations, reports and automatic updates
"Cox Business Security Suite further enhances the value of Cox Business Internet and provides a vital service to our customers," said Kristine Faulkner, Cox Business' vice president of product development and business. "Companies cannot afford to have Internet security failures interrupt their daily business, so they must safeguard against viruses, hackers and other developing Web threats. Cox Business is helping our customers focus on their core business and the bottom line. If purchased independently, a similar service package with 10 licenses could cost them up to $350 annually."
Cox Business Security Suite provides automatic scans and updates to help ensure small business users are safe from ongoing online threats and cybercriminals. From the Web-based SecurityCenter console, users can centralize installation, configuration and reporting and can set policies and manage office groups or individual PCs, as well as customized reporting widgets and on-demand scans.
Customers will receive between two and 10 licenses, based on their high-speed data tier package. If needed, a Cox Business data customer can also purchase additional licenses in packages of five, 10, 15 and 25.