Dolan, Hammer head 2010 Vanguard Award winners
The National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) released its list of Vanguard Award winners yesterday, which included NBC Universal’s Bonnie Hammer and Cablevision’s James Dolan both winning the top honor for “Distinguished Leadership.”
Cablevision CEO and president Dolan, and Hammer, president, NBC Universal Cable Entertainment and Universal Cable Productions, will be honored for their contributions to the cable industry during an awards ceremony May 13 at The Cable Show 2010 in Los Angeles, along with the other seven winners.
The Vanguard Awards, which date back to 1965, will be presented by Johnathan Rogers, chairman of the NCTA Vanguard Awards Committee, and president and CEO TV One.
Every year two awards are presented in the Distinguished Leadership category, with one going to a female winner and one to a male winner.
Other Vanguard Award winners in the various categories were:
- Young Leadership: Peter Stern executive vice president and chief strategy officer, Time Warner Cable
- Programmers: Josh Sapan, president and CEO, Rainbow Media Holdings
- Science and Technology: Marwan Fawaz, CTO, executive vice president, Charter Communications
- Cable Operations Management: Cathy Avgiris, general manager, senior vice president. Comcast
- Government and Community Relations: Sandy Wilson, vice president, public policy and regulatory affairs, Cox Enterprises
- Marketing: David Zagin, executive vice president, distribution, A&E Networks.
- Associates and Affiliates: Howard Symons, partner, Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo.
Reservations are required to attend the Vanguard Awards and Luncheon at The Cable Show 2010. For more information, contact Tobi Brown at NCTA Industry Affairs, (202) 222-2430.