Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2010 named
The Cable Center has announced the members of the Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2010. The six honorees will be inducted during the annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration, held in conjunction with Cable Connection – Spring, set for May 11-14 in Los Angeles.
The new inductees are:
- Yolanda Barco, former vice president and executive officer at Meadville Master Antenna
- Allen Ecker, executive vice president of Scientific Atlanta (retired)
- Terence F. McGuirk, chairman and CEO of the Atlanta Braves
- Marc B. Nathanson, chairman of Mapleton Investments
- Abbe Raven, president and CEO of A&E Television Networks
- J.R. Shaw, executive chair at Shaw Communications
The honorees were chosen based on their dedication to, and impact on, the cable industry and their communities.
The 2010 Cable Hall of Fame selection committee was chaired by Michael Willner, vice chairman and CEO of Insight Communications, chairman of The Cable Center's board and a 2008 Cable Hall of Fame inductee.
Since 1998, 78 men and women have become members of the Cable Hall of Fame.
"Our honorees are true mavericks – they have contributed their immense talent, new ideas and business savvy to help create today's telecommunications landscape," said Larry Satkowiak, president and CEO of The Cable Center. "We are excited to build upon the success of last year's Cable Hall of Fame event and honor these six deserving leaders during the NCTA Cable Show and Cable Connection – Spring."
The 13th annual Cable Hall of Fame Celebration will be held on May 11 at JW Marriott Los Angeles.