BelAir Networks adds DOCSIS 3.0 into Wi-Fi
BelAir Networks, whose customer list includes Cablevision and AT&T, said today that it has mixed DOCSIS 3.0 into its strand-mounted Wi-Fi access points.
BelAir said its new BelAir100SN can be installed and integrated with a cable operator’s network and back office in less than 15 minutes.
It also helps cable operators leverage their available mounting, power, backhaul and other network assets to quickly and easily extend wireless services to their customers.
“Cable operators are leveraging Wi-Fi as a competitive advantage for their subscribers, so they demand equipment that delivers the highest performance and also integrates with their current network and back office systems,” said Dave Park, vice president of product marketing at BelAir Networks. “We’ve worked with the leading cable operators to develop Wi-Fi products that deliver a great user experience, while facilitating service provisioning and bundling, making deployment and operation easier and reducing network commissioning and upgrade costs.”
Network integration features specifically designed for service providers include:
- Policy management, enabling a personalized user experience and end-to-end QoS and traffic management
- Edge-based security with central authentication enforced at the access point
- Seamless integration with carrier-grade policy managers and multi-service edge routers (scaling to 48,000 APs and 240 Gbps of traffic)
- Business intelligence, including user experience insights and location-based personalization on a GPS-based, feature-rich management system that scales to 50,000 APs
- Massive-scale mobility proven in the world’s largest Wi-Fi networks
The BelAir100SN is currently shipping and is also on display at this week’s CableLabs Winter Conference in Denver.