NAMIC announces new board members
The National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications has announced the results of voting for its board of directors.
The newly elected board members of NAMIC are:
• Michael Armstrong – senior vice president and general manager of BET International
• Matthew Barnhill Jr. – senior vice president of corporate market research at BET Networks
• Mark DePietro – vice president of strategy and business development at Motorola
• Raul de Quesada – assistant general manager and senior vice president of Fox Sports en Espanol and Fox Soccer Channel
• Sherisse Hawkins – vice president of customer premise and navigation systems at Time Warner Cable
• Juan Herrera – vice president of the office of global inclusion at MTV Networks
• Robert Mendez – senior vice president of diversity for ABC and the Disney-ABC Television Group
• Necole J. Merritt – vice president of corporate public affairs at Cox Communications
• Pragash Pillai – senior vice president of engineering and technology at Bresnan Communications
• Belinda Turner-Patterson – vice president of people services at Cox Communications
Several incumbent directors were reelected. They include: James Brown, senior vice president of ESPN Rise; Lino Garcia, general manager of ESPN Deportes; Mark Horn, principal of technology, media and telecommunications at Deloitte; Winston Warrior, senior director of marketing for Cox Media Group; and Akihiko Washington, executive vice president of worldwide human resources at Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
The NAMIC board of directors also approved the appointment of Raymond Gutierrez, executive vice president of human resources and administration at CBS Television Networks, to the position of vice chair. Gutierrez joins the board's executive committee, which is chaired by Mark Garner, senior vice president of distribution, marketing and business development at A&E Television Networks. The executive committee also includes Kathy Johnson, president of NAMIC; Marsha Conaway, regional vice president of human resources for the Midwest Region at Time Warner Cable (treasurer); Lucinda Martinez-Desir, vice president of acquisitions and multicultural marketing at HBO (secretary); and Alicin Williamson, senior vice president of corporate social responsibility and public affairs at MTV Networks (immediate past chair).
Additional members of the NAMIC board, those whose seats were not up for election this year, include: Patricia Andrews-Keenan, chief strategy officer at The Tallulah Group; Kenetta Bailey, senior vice president of marketing at WE tv Networks; Lisa Choi-Owens, senior vice president of partnerships and digital online distribution at Scripps Networks; Jason Eanes, vice president of the Eastern Region and affiliate relations for Univision; Clara Felix, vice president of consumer research at Showtime Networks; Earl Jones, senior director of federal government affairs at Comcast; Mark Kang, senior vice president of affiliate relations at The Sportsman Channel; Reinaldo Llano, director of corporate community relations at Bright House Networks; Filemon Lopez, regional senior vice president of the South Florida Region for Comcast; Joiava Philpott, attorney at law; Loretta Polk, vice president and general counsel at the NCTA; Michelle Rice, executive vice president of affiliate sales and marketing at TV One; Danielle Wade, vice president of customer service and marketing at Bright House; Lenore Washington; and Loretta Young Walker, senior vice president and chief human resources officer at Turner Broadcasting System.