Arris offers end-to-end demos at Expo
Thanks to its recent acquisitions of Digeo and EGT, Arris will have a full slate of demos at its booth at next week’s SCTE Cable-Tec Expo in Denver.
At Expo, Arris will be showcasing Digeo’s Moxi line of whole-home DVRs, as well as its own Touchstone CPE line for DOCSIS 3.0-enabled phone, data and home networking services.
Other demonstrations include:
- IP video solutions that deliver personalized content and entertainment to subscribers on any screen. Additionally, Arris will also display variable bit rate (VBR) video delivery, a technological advancement that can increase video bandwidth efficiency by up to 50 percent and enable a simpler transition to IP for all service deliveries.
- Advanced video processing – Arris will demonstrate 4:1 HD compression on its VIPr 2200, resulting in more efficient spectrum utilization and significant QAM channel cost savings. Additionally, the VIPr platform's new ad-splicing feature will make its debut at Expo. With its recent acquisition of EGT, Arris now provides multi-format, multi-resolution video encoding of MPEG-2, MPEG-4, SD and HD channels.
- Demand-driven video and advanced advertising offerings – The ConvergeMedia platform delivers heterogeneous video content and advanced advertising services on a single, unified platform that reduces both capital investments and operational expenses. Also shown for the first time will be a Start Over type of service and personalized, “build your own library” VOD.
- Optimized optical and HFC solutions that let operators make success-based investments in existing HFC plant without capital-intensive construction projects. Arris will be showing its new DOCSIS Control Interface EPON solution that speeds the deployment of business services without the need for an expensive over-build solution.
- Cable modem termination system (CMTS) and universal edge QAM (UEQ) – CMTS solutions that open up markets with a smaller footprint and a UEQ that Arris said can enable 30 percent more downstream channels than comparable edge QAMs through QAM sharing.