The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers has released the results of its board of directors election 2009.
The newly elected directors are:
- Region 1 director (representing CA, HI, NV):
- Ed Marchetti, Comcast Cable Communications
- Region 2 director (representing AZ, CO, NM, UT, WY):
- Frank Eichenlaub, Cisco Systems
- Region 6 director (representing MN, ND, SD, WI):
- David Haigh, Midcontinent Communications
- Region 9 director (representing FL, GA, SC, PR):
- Ken Williams Jr., Cox Communications
- Region 11 director (representing DE, MD, NJ, PA):
- Roger Hughes, Armstrong Cable Services
- Director-at-large (representing all SCTE members):
- Tom Gorman, Charter Communications
- Patrick O’Hare, Comcast Cable Communications
The newly elected directors will begin their two-year terms at the SCTE board of directors meeting set for Oct. 27 at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2009, being held Oct. 28-30 in Denver.
The SCTE has also released the dates for the SCTE Canadian Summit 2010, which is scheduled for March 9-10 in Toronto.
Bruce Marshall, technical director with Mountain Cablevision, will serve as the program chair for the event. Marshall, who has been an SCTE member since 1991, is the president of the SCTE Ontario Chapter.
Registration for the 2010 event will be available soon, along with sponsorship and advertising opportunities.