Sandvine updates traffic management software
Sandvine has updated its congestion management solution with a set of new capabilities.
The company said that four service providers worldwide (which it declined to name) are already using the 2.0 version of its Fairshare Traffic Management system.
Fairshare Traffic Management 2.0 includes:
- Advanced reporting capabilities that support network capacity planning
- Improved congestion detection capabilities to help maintain network quality of experience
- Platform scalability to 1 million subscribers per server, reducing the overall cost of ownership
- An array of customizable policy options to meet network capabilities and business objectives
- Policy options including subscriber-centric approaches, application-centric approaches or, most powerfully, combinations of both
“As Internet usage continues to evolve and rich media applications, video streaming and social networking continue to drive daily usage, networks providers are looking for advanced platforms to manage congestion fairly and offer the best Internet experience for their customers,” said Tom Donnelly, executive vice president of marketing and sales at Sandvine.