The Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers (SCTE) has announced the candidates for the SCTE board of directors election 2009.
SCTE members can begin electronically casting their ballots in May. Members who cannot vote online must request paper materials by April 24 by calling (610) 594-7300 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Election results will be announced by Aug. 15, and the newly elected directors will begin their two-year terms on Oct. 27 at the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2009, set for Oct. 28-30 in Denver.
The following candidates are vying for one of the seven board seats up for election:
- Region 1 director (representing CA, HI, NV)
- Rey Cole, Arris
- Ed Marchetti, Comcast
- Bob Weaver, Cox Communications (incumbent)
- Region 2 director (representing AZ, CO, NM, UT, WY)
- Frank Eichenlaub, Cisco (incumbent)
- David Krook, Technetix Inc.
- Nick Segura, Charter Communications
- Region 6 director (representing MN, ND, SD, WI)
- James Chartre Jr., CCI Systems Inc.
- David Haigh, Midcontinent Communications
- Aaron Johnson, Bevcomm
- Region 9 director (representing FL, GA, SC, PR)
- Bob Grann, Bright House Networks
- Ken Williams, Cox (incumbent)
- Edward “Chip” Winchell, CableServ Inc.
- Region 11 director (representing DE, MD, NJ, PA)
- Paul Clar, Comcast
- Roger Hughes, Armstrong Group of Companies
- Peter Odell, Cablevision
- Director-at-large (representing all SCTE members; two candidates elected)
- Tom Gorman, Charter (incumbent)
- Derrick Hanson, Cox
- Patrick O’Hare, Comcast (incumbent)
- J.R. Walden, Mediacom Communications
- Rouzbeh Yassini, YAS Broadband Ventures