Tandberg and BroadSoft have partnered to provide a suite of products that service providers can use to deliver a unified communications system, including videoconferencing, tailored for their business customers.
Tandberg and BroadSoft have combined the latter’s BroadWorks Hosted Unified Communications (UC) application platform with the former’s communications equipment, including the E20 video IP phone, the 1700 MXP personal telepresence system, the Profile 6000 MXP, and the Codian MSE 8000 Series multipoint control units.
"Video is increasingly important in the way enterprises do business, and its integration with voice, presence, mobility, Web 2.0 and business applications allows employees to be more productive from any 'touch point' – phone, mobile device, video phone, video console or business application," said Michael Tessler, co-founder and CEO of BroadSoft.
PCCW is both a reseller and a customer of the combined solution. "PCCW Global is pleased to be a strategic partner to both Tandberg and BroadSoft in promoting the benefits of high definition video conference among enterprises. We find the mix of high definition video and VoIP conferencing capability becoming more critical to day-to-day business operations, given the current cost saving environments worldwide," said PCCW Global CEO Marc Halbfinger. He said PCCW has realized extensive travel savings.
Halbfinger added that PCCW is itself packaging these services to its enterprise customers.
Features of the Tandberg-BroadSoft system include:
- Video Receptionist – add a "virtual" front desk by providing two-way video and audio communication between a remote employee and a visitor
- Video Training – deliver training from an experienced instructor while letting employees learn in their own environment
- Video Customer Care/Call Center – watch an informational video whilewaiting for a customer support representative
- Video Mail – send and receive video-mail messages
- Video Ringback – create a custom video greeting for incoming calls