Cable Hall of Fame Class of ‘09 revealed
The Cable Center has unveiled the members of The Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2009.
The seven new inductees are:
- Char Beales, president and CEO of CTAM
- Matthew C. Blank, chairman and CEO of Showtime Networks
- James S. Cownie, co-founder and past president of Heritage Communications
- Robert W. Hughes, founder of Prime Cable and chairman of Prime II Ventures
- Tom Rutledge, COO at Cablevision
- Bernard Shaw, CNN anchor emeritus
- Tom Wheeler, managing director of Core Capital Partners
The seven members will be inducted into the Cable Hall of Fame during Cable Connections – Fall in Denver, Colo., which is set for Oct. 25-30. The 12th-annual Cable Hall of Fame celebration will be held on Oct. 27 at the Colorado Convention Center.
The honorees were chosen based on their leadership, dedication, and impact on the cable industry and their communities, The Cable Center said.