Cable Center inducts Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2008
Thursday night at the Colorado Convention Center, The Cable Center inducted the members of the Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2008 at its annual meeting.
The new inductees are:
- George Bodenheimer – President of ESPN & ABC Sports and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks.
- Richard Green – President and CEO of CableLabs, who will retire when his contract expires in December 2009 (story here); Green also helped organize and establish the Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC).
- Raymond Joslin – Founder and former president of Hearst Entertainment & Syndication, and former senior vice president and member of the board of Hearst Corp.; Joslin was also an initial partner in Continental Cablevision.
- Susan Packard – President of brand outreach for Scripps Networks; she also co-founded HGTV and was part of the founding team of CNBC.
- Hubert "Hub" Schlafly – Former president of Teleprompter, who is credited with designing the first ever teleprompter in the ‘50s.
- Michael Willner – Co-founder, vice chairman and CEO of Insight Communications; in 2004, he received the NCTA’s Vanguard Award for Distinguished Leadership.
The Cable Hall of Fame Class of 2009 will be inducted during Cable Connection - Fall, to be held in Denver in October 2009.
More Broadband Direct: