Aurora enhances Smart Media Converter modules
Aurora Networks has increased the fiber capacity and CPE density, expanded the management options, and further improved the reliability of its family of enhanced Smart Media Converter modules.
The enhanced modules enable cable operators to deliver Gigabit Ethernet and Fast Ethernet services over fiber using any of 15 CWDM wavelengths, leading to an increase in capacity of up to 50 percent. Aurora said it supports delivery of commercial T1/E1 and cellular backhaul services.
Enhancements to the Smart Media Converter modules include:
- Support for 15 CWDM wavelengths
- High-density, dynamic CPE enclosure with redundant powering
- Unified CPE form-factor and flexible mounting options
- Common modules for the chassis and CPE applications
- Gigabit modules that utilize small form-factor pluggable (SFP) optics
- Bandwidth rate limiting function
- IEEE 802.3ah OAM remote management, including “dying gasp”
- MEF-9 and MEF-14 compliance
Aurora designed its Smart Media Converters specifically for the cable industry, focusing on the total solution, including reliability, ease of deployment, simplified maintenance, reduced cost of sparing and remote management.
“Serving commercial customers is an enormous revenue opportunity for cable operators to exploit,” said John Dahlquist, VP of marketing for Aurora. “At Aurora, we have developed a family of high-speed, Ethernet-based solutions, including our Smart Media Converter product line, to meet the most demanding requirements of cable’s commercial accounts. The launch of our latest Media Converter products exemplifies Aurora’s commitment to leadership through continuous innovation and customer satisfaction.”
More Broadband Direct::